Urgent

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 22 06:22:34 PDT 2010

prakhar gaur wrote:

> Dear Jai,
>
> Instead  of buying books and all.
> Just start working with LFS.  If you got the mail-list id, then I am
> sure that you know the place to download the book(LFS-6.6)
> But be sure to go through the pre-requisite reading list though.

Building LFS will not teach OS concepts. What constitutes an
OS is also not well defined. A small RTOS may comprise not much
more than a scheduler or task switcher.

I suggest the book uC/OS which leads one through the construction
of a small RTOS which is fairly easily portable to multiple
architectures, and describes how the OS works internally.

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Preemptive-Multitasking-Microprocessors-Microcontrollers/dp/0982337531

Simply building and installing a kernel and support apps like
"ls", "find" etc. won't teach much about how they work.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.