Problem installing the "nouveau" driver

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 22 01:22:07 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 11:21 -0500, alupu at verizon.net wrote:
> I'm attaching the compressed copy of the new 'config'.

I notice CONFIG_DRM_I915 is set, as a module. Shouldn't matter in theory
since you presumably don't have Intel graphics hardware as well as
NVidia, but probably worth disabling it anyway.

Also, you have CONFIG_FIRMWARE_EDID=y, which isn't set on my system.
Might be relevant, since while the docs say it should be safe to enable,
they note:

"If you experience extremely long delays while booting before you get
something on your display, try setting this to N."

So, probably worth turning it off, see if that makes a difference. From
the docs, it sounds like it's an option you enable to work around
problem hardware, isn't needed by the majority, and might potentially be
causing problems.

Simon.