Problem installing the "nouveau" driver

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 21 00:54:50 PDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 18:04 -0500, alupu at verizon.net wrote:
> I bzip2'ed the file, so let's see if 11702 bytes can now
> sneak below the 50 KB limit :).
>
> BTW, 'config' is for a system of this nature:
>
> ASUS P5E-VM HDMI, intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz.
> G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000).
> NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS 512MB 256-bit GDDR2
> PCIe-2.0x16 BIOS 60.86.45.00.26,
> Samsung SyncMaster 2494 60Hz, DVI connection.

Your system and config seems broadly similar to mine, so I don't see an
obvious reason why mine works and your doesn't.

The only thing that particularly stands out is that you have all the DRM
stuff built as modules, where I have it built-in. If you've not already
done so, perhaps that'd be worth trying?

Simon.