A Kernel patch overview?

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 20 08:11:01 PDT 2010

Having just installed LFS-6.6 with kernel-2.6.32.7, I thought I'd
look into patching it to the current patch level.  OTOH, I'm on a
40Kbps dialup line and a 10MB patch-2.6.33 is big enough to: a)
give me pause before attempting a few hours of downloading, b)
suggest that there's some significant new features.  Patch...34
is about the same size.  IIRC the Changelog-2.6.33 is nearly that
big, making it perhaps most of the patch file, but it's full of
sign-offs and not a particular good place to find out what's new.

Is there someplace where someone writes about "what's new" in
kernel patches?  New and removed features, considerations about
implementation, etc.?  Someplace where we can see what's in it,
whether it "has anything for us or not"?
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/