LVM2

Glendon Blount itly377 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 22:31:26 PDT 2010

I am looking for help installing lfs on logical volumes. The only
information I could find was from 2009 and used a version of lvm2 that
is no longer available also the only patch is for this version
LVM2.2.02.53 I made an attempt to install lfs and got to the kernel
were I not able to compile the kernel sources. A little background I
have been using linux since about 1997 and I now use gentoo on all my
machines I was looking at lfs to install on my hp mini 311 with an
atom processor I have gentoo booting from an external usb hard drive
and was hoping to do a lfs installation in the same manner also do I
need a 2 to 3 g partition for the / directory or a 10 g partition the
reason I ask is my gentoo / partition is 750 m and my partition layout
for lfs on lvm would be. I thank you for your time
/
/usr
/usr/local
/usr/src
/var
/var/tmp
/tmp
/opt
/opt/playground (For applications like arduino eclipse and others)
/home