How to skip two settings

Parmenides mobile.parmenides at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 13:23:09 PDT 2010

2010/6/17 Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com>:
> On 06/16/2010 01:11 PM, Parmenides wrote:
>> 2010/6/16 Chris Staub<chris at beaker67.com>:
>>> On 06/16/2010 05:34 AM, Parmenides wrote:
>>

>> Yes, this is the effect of a live CD indeed. But, I have clone the
>> live CD onto a partition of hard disk, and tried to altenate some
>> default settings of it.
>
> Well, the LiveCD simply isn't made for the purpose of being installed to
> a hard drive. If you want a Linux system on your hard drive you should
> just use it to build an LFS system. On the other hand, if you were
> installing the LiveCD to the hard drive in order to get around the
> time-consuming task of building LFS, you're much better off simply
> downloading and installing Ubuntu, Fedora, or some other distro.
> --

There are some excellent distro actually, but not my favourite. They
will install many packages I do not need. What's more, I very like a
clean and fast linux and the console mode is enough. So, I choose the
LFS. Additionally, the LFS give me a chance to get familiar with Linux
more and more. Actually, I want to configure a virtual Linux running
on VMWare and play a server's role. But, the default settings make
automatical boot  impossible.