How to skip two settings

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Jun 16 10:15:59 PDT 2010

On 06/16/2010 01:11 PM, Parmenides wrote:
> 2010/6/16 Chris Staub<chris at beaker67.com>:
>> On 06/16/2010 05:34 AM, Parmenides wrote:
>

> Yes, this is the effect of a live CD indeed. But, I have clone the
> live CD onto a partition of hard disk, and tried to altenate some
> default settings of it.

Well, the LiveCD simply isn't made for the purpose of being installed to
a hard drive. If you want a Linux system on your hard drive you should
just use it to build an LFS system. On the other hand, if you were
installing the LiveCD to the hard drive in order to get around the
time-consuming task of building LFS, you're much better off simply
downloading and installing Ubuntu, Fedora, or some other distro.