priority in install of packages

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 15 08:47:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh
<mohsen at pahlevanzadeh.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm in top of Chapter 5. Constructing a Temporary System.At this chapter
> some package is introduced that we must compile them.My question is:
> Do they have Chapter priority in compile same listed in chapter?For
> example if i compile package 5.12.expet before 5.11.tcl, is it problem?

The order of the packages is carefully crafted to make sure
prerequisites are built in the correct order.  See the appendix for
each packages dependencies.  For instance, expect requires tcl.  When
we had a choice for the next package, it is added alphabetically, but
there is really no reason to deviate from the order given in the book.

You may, of course, do what pleases you, but be prepared to start over
if it doesn't work.

  -- Bruce