Linux From Scratch (Version SVN-20100529) - 6.9. Glibc-2.11.2

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Fri Jun 11 23:11:03 PDT 2010

On 06/12/2010 01:55 AM, Face Man wrote:

> well,
> I think i should start over however i would like to know if this
> what i need to do in chapter 5.8 and 5.9
>          cd binutils-2.20.1
>
>          rm -R ../binutils-build # I am not sure i need to remove this

Um...

If this means that binutils-2.20.1 and binutils-build do in fact still
exist, and that you have not been removing source/build directories
after each package installation, that could very well be the source of
your problem. Even if not, it is certainly one potential issue with your
build and an indicator that you have missed stuff in the book and may
have overlooked even more. Read page 5.3 *very* closely.