live and learn

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 9 09:45:02 PDT 2010

Theron Stanford wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Mike McCarty
> <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Possibly. However, who prints the book? Mostly, I was cut'n'pasting
>> the commands.
>
> I print the book.  However, I print it 9-up to save paper.  I like
> having the hard copy to read on the train.

NINE up? How do you read it? With a microscope? You must be using
A4 paper at least. I'd find four up difficult on letter (which is
what I use).

However, as a laid off telecomm engineer, I definitely do what I can
to save on printing costs. Like not printing at all. Always two side,
often two up. I find four up difficult to read.

[...]

> that I usually guess right.  (I recall once spending quite some time
> trying to figure out why GRUB couldn't find menu.1st.)  And during my
> last build I couldn't figure out why
>
> cp -sv libbz2.so* /lib
>
> wouldn't work.  (The options are -av, of course.)

:-)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.