live and learn

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:45:24 PDT 2010

On 8 June 2010 21:08, piper.guy1 <piper.guy1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sooo...before I do something else that I'm not suppose to do, I
> thought I'd get advise first. My thinking is that I need to get a
> Linux rescue or recovery CD, mount the file system on the hard drive,
> and then add a symlink to bash. Make sense or is there an easier way?

 If you have your install CD, or probably any 'Live' CD, that
should be adequate to do this.  If not, I like systemrescuecd
[ http://www.sysresccd.org/ for details ] - download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/systemrescuecd/

 I don't see any obvious alternative way of fixing your broken
host's /bin/sh.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"