LFS-6.6, Stage2, glibc, nscd.c:442

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:55:12 PDT 2010

On 6/8/10, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> wrote:

> shouldn't that be
> if (( ${v[0]} <  2 )) && (( ${v[1]} < 4 ))

or maybe (( v[0] ==  2 )) && (( v[1] < 4 ))

... bash (( allowed me to omit $ and {} around variables/arrays ))

But in the target lfs-6.6, glibc > 2.4 is true, so the test isn't even needed.
That's the funny thing. Why did they look at the host to see what will
be on the target in this stage in a cross compile situation, when they
have no way of knowing what it will be? It seems like there should be
one of those --switches allowing the user to specify a thing like
this.

> Sorry for picking nits. It looks good and solves a problem I had due to
> one of my deviations.

You are welcome to pick all the nits you want. I don't care.