LFS-6.6, Stage2, glibc, nscd.c:442

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:13:49 PDT 2010

linux fan wrote:
> On 6/2/10, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The version of glibc within chroot certainly should support ssp but the
>> two reports we have didn't seem to find it automatically.  Others cannot
>> duplicate the problem.  If we had consistent errors on most builds, we
>> could fix it.
>
> Could there be slight variances in "how" one "enters chroot" that
> could possibly affect this? I would't expect that to be likely.

Me either.

> Once in chroot, gcc and glibc have already been built (twice for gcc).
> How could the conditions on the host system be still affecting the
> outcome?

Well we do mount /proc, /sys, /def, /dev/pts, and /dev/shm from the host
system.  The glibc build system might be probing something like /proc.

Ken's method of first building the LFS target kernel in the host system
and rebooting to that would avoid potential problems here.

It's possible that something from the host gets pulled along as one of
the packages is built in Chapter 5.  However, the whole idea behind
Chapter 5 -> chroot Chapter 6 is to avoid that.

   -- Bruce