LFS-6.6, Stage2, glibc, nscd.c:442

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 14:24:59 PDT 2010

linux fan wrote:
> On 6/2/10, Danny Engelbarts <d.engelbarts at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...  a 6.3 system is required than the book should state 6.3 until proven
>> otherwise.
>
> That is just exactly what the DEV book now requires.
>
> Unfortunately, now we don't get to find out exactly why the original problem
> "undefined reference to __stack_chk_guard"
> surfaces from time to time.

I don't see why. It simply has to do with whether gcc provides the
stack clobber check. It's not like there isn't any way to find
information on it. I turned these up immediately...

http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Stack_Smashing_Protector
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6657/
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2005-07/msg00046.html

Mike