lfs-6.6 booting on my vmware!, but allays checking consistence of sda1

mhenriquezs at terra.cl mhenriquezs at terra.cl
Wed Jun 2 08:05:44 PDT 2010

Hi guys:

Just to let you know that I finish my fourth lfs build (6.6) this time
and it was a success!!, I use to modify some lfs steps about the
partition,etc to make all in a vmware virtual machine and is nicely
booting now!

Thanks to the lfs developers, lfs is a great tool to teach others how a
linux/unix system is composed and for what is each part, build a linux
system from scratch is as usual a excellent learning tool (I use it as a
teacher here at my University from 3 years now).

One minor issue that is bugging me, is that there is something wrong
about the sda1 and ext3 filesystem about the dates, since each time that
I turn on the virtual machine the system stop at booting telling me that
the check date on the filesystem is in the future and it have to stop
the booting, so, next boot I enter into the Vmware BIOS and change the
date there to something in the future (let say 5-6-2011), then booting
my lfs it check that the cheking date expire,and it do a checkdisk over
the partition, after that it boots ok and all goes well. But on next
boot it again claim that the filesystem check date is in the future and
I have to do all over again...

So, I wonder if there is some way to check what dates the ext3
filesystem is taking into account to see what is wrong there or more
simple, a way to turn off that checking consistence of the filesystem
acording to a date on boot?

Thanks again..