New LFS & business plan

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:38:36 PDT 2010

Mike McCarty wrote:

>> time -- 2.5 - 3 days (being generous here)
>
> I think you are being optimistic, for the first build, anyway.
> I'd put in 5 days for getting the first build up and running.

This all depends on experience.  Actually I think there is a sweet spot.
  Too much experience and people want to customize the first time and
run into problems.

The best time for a very experienced LFSer is probably about 4 hours on
a reasonably fast machine.  For the first time, a newbie could take
anywhere from weeks to infinity.

3 to 5 days are both reasonable estimates.

   -- Bruce