What about LFS for Alpha?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:55:57 PDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 21:51, Rafael Ruiz <gandano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
> What happen with LFS for Alpha (not CLFS). I have try to find Kedellin, but
> there nothing.
>
> Best,
> Rafa

 Nobody has the hardware.  Also, from what I can gather (particularly
my experience at clfs), building on it is very slow.

 There were comments about longstanding alpha kernel breakage
on lkml in the last month or two, and my impression is that very few
people who still use alphas run them with recent software.

 I don't think the alpha has been mentioned since Kelledin last
posted here (google thinks that was probably in 2005).

ĸen