Unable to even start compiling

David Shaw dj.shaw at btconnect.com
Sun Jan 31 03:06:28 PST 2010

Thanks for the advice - at least I managed to correctly identify the
problem  :-)

I do read instructions, though - I'm at that stage in my Linux learning
that I know enough about Linux to know just how little I really know (oh
dear, I'm starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld ;-)  ) and have yet to
enter the overconfident, blase 'I know everything' stage.

@Simon - thanks for drawing my attention back to that important notice -
I had read it, but obviously didn't fully understand the implications.
I'm not sure how it could be made clearer, though, without making it too
Janet and John.

David