Ncurses 5.7 fail to configure

Dmitry Sokolov sokolovda at inbox.ru
Tue Jan 26 09:56:11 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Dubbs" <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>
To: "LFS Support List" <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: Ncurses 5.7 fail to configure

> I see now.  You said originally that it couldn't find gpm (general
> purpose mouse), not gmp.
>
> What command line (exactly) did you use for configure and what are the
> last 10-20 lines of the error output?
>
>   -- Bruce
>

> --
cmd:
./configure --prefix=/tools --with-shared --without-debug --without-ada --enable-overwrite

result:
checking for egrep... grep -E
Configuring NCURSES 5.7 ABI 5 (Tue Jan 26 03:03:44 GMT 2010)
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configuring for linux-gnu
checking for prefix... /tools
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking version of gcc... 4.4.1
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... -DCC_HAS_PROTOS
checking for ldconfig... /sbin/ldconfig
checking if you want to ensure bool is consistent with C++... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... /tools/bin/g++
checking version of g++... 4.4.1
checking if you want to build C++ binding and demo... yes
checking if you want to build with Ada95... no
checking if you want to build programs such as tic... yes
checking if you wish to install curses.h... yes
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for egrep... (cached) grep -E
checking for tdlint... no
checking for lint... no
checking for alint... no
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for long file names... yes
checking if we should assume mixed-case filenames... auto
checking if filesystem supports mixed-case filenames... yes
checking for ctags... no
checking for etags... no
checking for makeflags variable...
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld... ld
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver options (symbol AR_OPTS)... rv
checking if you have specified an install-prefix...
checking if you want to build libraries with libtool... no
checking if you want to build shared libraries... yes
checking if you want to build static libraries... yes
checking if you want to build debug libraries... no
checking if you want to build profiling libraries... no
checking for specified models...  shared normal
checking for default model... shared
checking if you want to build a separate terminfo library... no
checking if you want to build a separate tic library... no
checking if you want to link with the GPM mouse library... maybe
checking for gpm.h... yes
checking for Gpm_Open in -lgpm... no
configure: error: Cannot link with GPM library.