Ncurses 5.7 fail to configure

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 09:05:32 PST 2010

Dmitry Sokolov wrote:

> From: "Andrew Benton" <b3nton at gmail.com>
>> On 26/01/10 11:00, Dmitry Sokolov wrote:

>>> When i configuring package Ncurses 5.7, i gets error: Cannot link with
>>> GPM library.
>>> What is it? and how to configure & make Ncurses normal?
>>> LFS 6.5 Stable from http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/stable/
>>> Packages downloaded from wget list
>>> LiveCD lfslivecd-x86_64-6.3-r2160
>>>
>> Did you install gmp when you compiled gcc?
>>
>> Andy
>
> When I compiling gcc I placed mpfr and gmp in a folder of initial files gcc
> as it is written in the book, compiling gcc in other folder, my problem
> right at the beginning it is possible to tell, on a step 5.14.1.
> Did not see anywhere that it is necessary gmp to install.

The full process is:

tar -xf gcc-4.4.1.tar.bz2
cd gcc-4.4.1

# The above is assumed as instructed by Section 5.3.

tar -jxf ../mpfr-2.4.1.tar.bz2
mv -v mpfr-2.4.1 mpfr
tar -jxf ../gmp-4.3.1.tar.bz2
mv -v gmp-4.3.1 gmp

You may have done this exactly, but it sounds like you may have not done
the directory change in the correct order.

   -- Bruce