Error while installing e2fsprogs-1.41.8

Aditya Bankar adityabankar at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 25 07:05:36 PST 2010

Hi,

I am going through the lfs book version 6.5. I am in chapter 6 and I get following error during make check:

...lot of text...
d_loaddump: debugfs load/dump test: cmp: test.verify: No such file or directory failed
...lot of text...
f_resize_inode: e2fsck with resize_inode: failed
...lot of text...
r_move_itable: filesystem resize which requires moving the inode table: failed
r_resize_inode: filesystem resize with a resize_inode present: failed
u_mke2fs: e2undo with mke2fs: md5sum: ./test.img: No such file or directory
md5sum: ./test.img: No such file or directory
md5sum: ./test.img: No such file or directory
ok
u_tune2fs: e2undo with tune2fs: md5sum: ./test.img: No such file or directory
md5sum: ./test.img: No such file or directory
md5sum: ./test.img: No such file or directory
ok
98 tests succeeded      4 tests failed

I tried to install this, I ignored the errors. But it complains while installing. It says:

You don't have a working TeX binary (tex) installed anywhere in
your PATH, and texi2dvi cannot proceed without one.  If you want to use
this script, you'll need to install TeX (if you don't have it) or change
your PATH or TEX environment variable (if you do).  See the --help
output for more details.

But I checked that texi2dvi is installed and it can be found on my system.

Thanks,
Aditya