LFS6.4 step 5.17 compiling coreutils-6.12 error

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 10:07:25 PST 2010

On 01/23/10 09:21, Trent Shea wrote:
> On Saturday 23 January 2010 10:17:21 you wrote:
>> I don't see any flags to disable the search for SELinux.
>>
> I should mention it's my understanding that gcc shouldn't be searching for
> host include files at this point, maybe someone can clarify for me though.

I haven't the source in front of me at the moment
for coreutils. but from looking at the errors
with chcon getfilecon etc.. those are all of the
tools to manage SELinux(i.g. ls -Z etc..)
your host system probably has libselinux installed
and my guess is coureutils has some mechanisms to check for
that, and if present enables SELinux support(without any switches in
configure).

my guess is either find a host system to build on
that has no libselinux so coreutils is built without SELinux support, or
with the host system your using now
install libselinux,libsepol,libsemamane(dev's) this way the header
files are there coreutils builds with SELinux support, but you'll just
never really use it(but if you decide the option is there).

hope this helps

Justin P. Mattock