gcc-4.4.2-startfiles_fix-1.patch fails

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 22 09:45:06 PST 2010

zzflop at embarqmail.com wrote:

[...]

> I read the post udev-config md5 sum and I don't think I
> fully undestand the the part about timestamps and md5sums.

The tarball has information about the files it contains,
including date and time information, so the extracted
file can be "touched" to reproduce that. If that information
changes for any of the files, even though they haven't been
modified, just "accessed", then this directory information
gets changed, and the content of the tarball changes, hence
the MD5SUM changes.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.