gcc-4.4.2-startfiles_fix-1.patch fails

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:16:35 PST 2010

zzflop at embarqmail.com wrote:

> I read the post udev-config md5 sum and I don't think I
> fully undestand the the part about timestamps and md5sums.

The book is rebuilt daily and the udev-config and bootscripts are
extracted from the book's xml source.  This causes a daily change in the
tar files due to timestamps.  It also means the md5sum changes for these
files daily.  There is a fixup in the book's Makefile to update the book
to the current checksums.

The fixup ensures that today's book and today's udev-config and
bootscript tarballs match up.  That's good.  It also means that today's
tarballs don't match the md5sums in yesterday's book even when the
contents don't change.  That's unfortunate, but I don't know of a better
way to automate incorporation of changes for the tarballs.

   -- Bruce