gcc-4.4.2-startfiles_fix-1.patch fails

zzflop at embarqmail.com zzflop at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 21 21:54:51 PST 2010

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>Is the md5 sum for gcc 70f5ac588a79e3c9901d5b34f58d896d ?

>Does the patch have the sum
>799ef1971350d2e3c794f2123f247cc6
>?

>Did you remove the directory from pass 1 and re-extract
>gcc?

>I get:

>$ patch -Np1 -i ../gcc-4.4.2-startfiles_fix-1.patch
>patching file gcc/gcc.c
>Hunk #1 succeeded at 6467 (offset 97 lines).

>   -- Bruce

I did remove the pass1 directory and ran the checksums
after the failure and gcc was ok , but the patch was not.

I should have included this in my first post, but by some
faulty logic I thought that since text of the patch looked
like the read online version that it wasn't significant.

I used the online version to download the source files, but
later obtained a svn snapshot  and put on a local webserver.
I also built a copy from the xml sources on the host
machine.

I probably got the patches from one of my local versions
Patches obtained from them failed the checksum and one
from the online version matched an applied correctly.

I read the post udev-config md5 sum and I don't think I
fully undestand the the part about timestamps and md5sums.

For now I'll just  use the LFS website.

Thanks,
        Mike H.
  _ _ _