NFS Boot

Randy McMurchy lfs.user at mcmurchy.com
Sat Jan 16 12:10:24 PST 2010

Mikie wrote these words on 01/16/10 11:19 CST:
> I will have 100 PC's booting PXE from an NFS root.
> That is the goal.
>
> The reason is so I won't have to maintain 100 PC's but rather an image
> on one server.
> I am trying to understand what part of the file system should be on the
> image (under NFS root) and what should be on the local hard drive.

Just my opinion, but the questions you have been asking the last few
weeks just scream of a school project. If it is, you would be better
off figuring this stuff out yourself. If not, disregard my message.

If it weren't that I navigated to your website and found
"Would you like Closet Rambo to come out of the Closet and open a
six pack-O-whoop ass on you?" and that you apparently are a big
gamer, it just fits the student profile to me.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.22] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
13:59:00 up 20 days, 19:07, 1 user, load average: 0.24, 0.18, 0.08