70-persistent-net.rules not created

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 13 02:14:06 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 21:55 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> jmscott at setex.ipcallback.com wrote:
>
> > by the way, one of the conditions for setting the value of INTERFACE
> > is that
> >
> > 	udev_device_get_subsystem(dev), "net") == 0
>
> That seems like it is looking for /dev.  If it errors, the expression is
> false.  I wonder if dev above is a shorthand for /sys/devices?
>
>    -- Bruce

The quoted code is just a fragment of the actual condition, which is:

  if (strcmp(udev_device_get_subsystem(dev), "net") == 0 &&
      strcmp(udev_device_get_action(dev), "add") == 0) {

Which I'd read as "if the device's subsystem is 'net'" and "if the
device is being added". The 'dev' is some kind of data structure
containing info about the device, nothing to do with /dev.

Simon.