70-persistent-net.rules not created

jmscott at setex.ipcallback.com jmscott at setex.ipcallback.com
Tue Jan 12 19:44:01 PST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:02:02AM -0500, linux fan wrote:
> On 1/12/10, jmscott at setex.ipcallback.com <jmscott at setex.ipcallback.com> wrote:
> > so, in the name of progress, i like to solict advice on what to do next,
>
> LFS-6.4 and earlier had:
> for NIC in /sys/class/net/* ; do
>     INTERFACE=${NIC##*/} udevadm test --action=add --subsystem=net $NIC
> done
>
> I wonder why subsystem was later removed.

the version of udevadm on my 6.5 lfs doesn't appear
to support --subsystem for test, despite what the manual says.
the test options defined for getopts() in udev/udevadm-test.c, line 45
don't define --subsystem.  also, doing

	udevadm test --help

dumps the test specific options.

by the way, one of the conditions for setting the value of INTERFACE
is that

	udev_device_get_subsystem(dev), "net") == 0

at udev/udev-event.c, line 632.  i suspect this is related to my
problems with INTERFACE not being exported to /lib/udev/write_net_rules.

so many lines, so little time-j