No subject

Hamish West hamishrules at live.com.au
Fri Jan 8 17:28:41 PST 2010

Hi again,Firstly thanks to everyone who helped me with my binutils problem, that finally worked out.now i have a problem with GCC pass 1, i installed GMP and MPFR as per the instructions said, with the exception that MPFR was .tar.gz not .tar.bz2 so i had to change tar -jxf ../mpfr-2.4.1.tar.bz2 to tar zxf ../mpfr-2.4.1. Now when i go to make GCC, i get this message:
configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.2+.Try the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their locations.Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respectivehosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info.If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution package, makesure that you have installed both the libraries and the header files.They may be located in separate packages.
My host is Ubuntu 9.10
Thanks in advance,Hamish