ch5 perl linked to /lib : sorted!

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:45:19 PST 2010

2010/1/3 Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com>:

 I have a vague recollection that I thought /tools/bin/cc wasn't
going to be used by anything.  Whatever, for some reason I was
no longer making the symlink for it after pass 2 of gcc.

  Unfortunately, perl pre-dates what we all understand as the
regular CMMI/autofoo processes and picks up 'cc'.  So, in my
case it used cc -> /usr/bin/cc and the patch for perl had no
effect.  May you learn from this and not suffer the same
problem.

 And regarding Bruce's comment on /lib64 and/or /usr/lib64 ...

> So, yes I've missed the symlink (or rather, it didn't get created
> for some reason - script is now instrumented), but I'm back in
> chapter 5 until I can build perl correctly.

 And as anyone who looks at my scripts will notice, when I enter
chroot, I set things up (as root) outside the new system.  So,
when I added that, I forgot to include ${LFS} and made the symlink
on the host.  You guys get to see my published scripts, but I get to
keep both pieces of the development version when it breaks.

 Back in the build, I'm sure I'll have some other things to attend to
before I'm again in a postion to contribute, but I'm getting there.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"