binutils

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Thu Jan 7 10:48:39 PST 2010

On 01/07/2010 03:57 AM, Aditya Bankar wrote:
> Hi Hamish,
>
> It seems that are compiling in a directory on the existing filesystem. You must instead make a separate partition, mount it (you need to be root or use sudo), change permissions for this newly mounted partition.
>
> Thanks,
> Aditya

That's not an issue - long as permissions are correct, it will work fine
whether it's on another partition or not.

BTW, I think it's a complete waste of time responding here, considering
that the original message insisted replies be sent via personal email,
which seems to indicate Hamish isn't watching the mailing list...