LFS 6.3 Stuck @Chapter 7.2

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 5 11:02:58 PST 2010

Pixel 73 wrote:

> ldd /bin/bzip2 results in:
>
> ldd: /bin/bzip2: No such file or directory
>
> I even tried to compile and reinstall bzip2 again as I was logged in the new bash. But without success.

What was the error? Simply saying it failed gives no useful information,
unfortunately.

> How can I make bzip2 available in the new bash? Do you think I have to start all over again?

Well, that would certainly fix whatever problem, if done right.

> If so, some people gave me the advice to copy&paste the commands
> instead of typing them in. But how can I manage to show the LFS book
> in a terminal where I can copy the commands and paste it into my
> shell?

That depends on what your host distribution is, and what you've
got installed.

I used the HTML "one piece" form of the book for that, using the
LFS 6.3 LiveCD as the host. I also used jhalfs for a build a
couple of times, once on the same machine using the LiveCD, and
twice on a virtual machine under Fedora Core (qemu with an ISO
image of the LiveCD).

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.