Stuck at 5.7.1

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 11:03:20 PST 2010

Andrew Benton wrote:

> The point about creating the user lfs is to ensure that you've set up
> the environment and its variables correctly.

That's really right.  The lfs user (or whatever name you choose) needs
to have some environment variables set, but we chose the methodology to
also sanitize the environment to ensure other variables that might get
picked up during one of the build processes does not contaminate the
programs, libraries, or other support files that are generated.

   -- Bruce