I got error at chapter 8.4. GRUB-0.97

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:54:02 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 4:58 PM, ALIP BUDIANTO <rabbit8888 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What driver I do need bacause I have the same problem and some of my
> boot drive info is its a USB flash stick, LFS on /dev/sdb1, and
> usbutils installed

Note: I am moving this to lfs-support as this is a support issue.
Please continue discussion there

All you need is mass storage mode support, and SCSI support to boot
from USB.  There is a kernel parameter called bootwait that will wait
until the device is made avaliable (Sometimes it takes time for it to
probe USB devices)  See
linux-2.6.??/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt for further
information on bootwait

usbutils is not required.

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)