lfs-6.5 Chapter 6.33 automake

Stephan Jansen stephan.jansen at acoustic5.de
Tue Oct 20 03:09:46 PDT 2009

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Stephan Jansen wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I've got some little problem regarding "make check" in chapter 6.33
>> "automake" where the aclocal5-test failed. Configure and compiling went
>> well.
>>

>> Some Information about the system
>>
>> Host System: Debian 2.6.26-2-686
>> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
>> Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
>> 4 GB RAM
>>
>> I'm a little insecured if it will be save to ignore this and to
>> continue. It would be disagreeable to run into trouble after the fourth
>> beginning from ground up. If someone is able to help and there is need
>> for more information please tell me.
>> Thank you
>>

> I have a failure of acloca22.test
>
> 1 of 667 tests failed
> (62 tests were not run)
>
> I didn't investigate the reason.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2009-August/063141.html
>
>    -- Bruce

Thank you for reply,
I read the link but I have to concede to me this as a littlte confusing
and difficult to understand. Did you succeed in building up a running
system inspite of that errors? I haven't had any test failures until yet
excepted chap. 6.15-gcc where also unexpected failures were predicted by
the book.

Can anyone tell me some more about aclocal5.test. What could be a
possible reason that it failed? Is this a serious problem or not? Indeed
it is only one of 22 tests regarding to aclocal that failed.
I cant find any satisfactory information on google but some about the
function of aclocal itself.  It seems to me that there is some link to
m4 (chapter 6.23) because aclocal deals with m4-files. So is aclocal
dispensable ?

I saved config.log- and Makefiles as well as the most prompts of all the
last chapters so further information is available if needed.