Brick Wall on Network Device Congifuration

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Sun Oct 11 19:12:02 PDT 2009

Trent Shea wrote:
> On Sunday 11 October 2009 17:51:32 Dan McGhee wrote:
>
>> I want only
>> to connect to the internet through my router and be able to connect
>> automatically to "hot spots" at motels and interstate rest stops--and
>>  at  family homes.
>>

> Re-reading it looks like you probably already know what I said... My
> apologies. I'm not sure I'll have anything useful for this usage
> scenario.

Trent, it's OK--and thanks. I had tried what you said and it didn't
help. My previous wireless configuration experience has been with pcmcia
cards in the wireless.opts days. (I know I'm dating myself.) This is
why, based on my rusty, previous knowlege, that I think it's a simple
configuration issue and nothing serious. I may have missed something in
compiling the kernel and have reviewed the situation so many times in
the last few days that I might not recognize an error if it smacked me
in the head. :)

Dan