Stuck on Page 43 (chapter 5.8 Toolchain)

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 07:36:55 PDT 2009

Marcus Wanner wrote:
> On 10/11/2009 9:10 AM, Michael Tsang wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 11 October 2009 21:01:34 Marcus Wanner wrote:
>>   >  your missing the object files in /usr/lib

>>> You need to copy those to the /mnt/lfs/tools/usr/lib directory.
>>>

>> Polluting the system?! You better re-compile glibc again!
>>

> Guess I didn't know what I was talking about :(
> Just ignore my advice, sorry.
>
> Marcus

Shows you what I know!! ;-)
I thought these where from gcc, In any case wherever
there from glibc/gcc(I'll have to figure that out later)
I hit this a while back while building a multilib system, a
re-compiling fixed it for me. be careful can't remember what to do,
but there is a tweak you need to do, to have these go into /usr/lib64
(if your going that way)or else gcc always looks for those in /usr/lib.
if think it's a simple --disable-multilib but could be more.

regards,

Justin P. Mattock