syslog.c error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 10 14:22:59 PDT 2009

 maybe http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2008-11/msg00060.html

> thanks in advance for the help
> --
 I've no idea what causes this, but some people
have seen it before (e.g. on linuxquestions), and
most or all of them have been using ubuntu.

 Best suggestion I can offer is in
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2009-02/msg00023.html
- that came up before the reference I've offered
above, and it's from a guy who knows a lot about
gentoo - if that works, it means we aren't totally isolated
from the host's toolchain :-(

 To try that suggestion, discard the source and build
directories, and add that -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE at the
end of the CFLAGS you are writing to configparms.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"