syslog.c error

Lucas luk51000 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 10:50:57 PDT 2009

Hi.
I'm trying to make a lfs from a Ubuntu 9.04 host.
I took the LFS book 6.5 and I'm doing exactly what is written there (using
all the packages listed there in the versions listed).

Now the problem.
When compiling (making) the glibc-2.10.1, after sometime, it's appears a
error message and the make quits.
I won't be able to copy the whole msg here because i'm running it on a
virtual machine, but I'll try to put the most important things.

../misc/syslog.c: In function '__vsyslog.c':
../misc/syslog.c:123: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to
'syslog': function body not available
../misc/syslog.c:155: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
make[2]: *** [/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.10.1/misc/syslog.o] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory '/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.10.1/misc'
make[1]: *** [misc/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.10.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I already looked into the syslog.c and it appears to be ok, and searching
through the internet I found someone saying why this happens, but didn`t
said how to fix.
He said it happens because of some gcc bug, where it doesn`t recognise the
double underline functions (he said a specific name, but I don't remember)
or something like this.
Too bad I don't remember where I saw it (did a really extensive search)

thanks in advance for the help

--
Lucas
luk51000 at gmail.com