Building Gettext-0.17 Error - LFS-6.5 Chapter 6.41

John Graham johngavingraham at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:46:22 PDT 2009

> I tried using that command with the flag set, however it produced exactly
> the same output, with the same error still. Is there possibly anything I'm
> doing wrong?

Did you rebuild from scratch? Otherwise -fPIC won't get used, since
make will skip over the already compiled object file that doesn't use
PIC. Try doing `make clean' and then making again.

If that doesn't work, delete the unpacked source and go back to the
un-tarring stage and see if that works.

John G