Host System

Sam samvivacqua at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 17:21:56 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 20:51 +0530, Chandrakant Singh wrote:
> Oh yes,
>
> Ubuntu would surely work as a host system. In fact I have compiled
> LFS6.3, 6.4 and 6.5 also in Ubuntu. I have also compiled LFS6.3 in
> kubuntu. The default installation however wont be enough. The
> following packages are needed in Ubuntu default installation to be a
> proper host system. I actually dont remember them but the following
> command would do the trick(And yes, you need to be connected to the
> internet)
>
> sudo apt-get install g++
> sudo apt-get install g77
> sudo apt-get install bison
> sudo apt-get install gawk
> sudo apt-get install texinfo
>
> This should be enough I guess. All the best!
>
> Chandrakant

The command  sudo apt-get install g77  won't work. This is the output:

sam at sam-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install g77
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package g77 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package g77 has no installation candidate

Thanks