Host System

Sam Vivacqua samvivacqua at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:23:17 PDT 2009

When I typed the command I got this:

sam at sam-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install g++
[sudo] password for sam:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package g
sam at sam-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install g77
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package g77
sam at sam-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install bison
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package bison is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package bison has no installation candidate
sam at sam-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install gawk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package gawk
sam at sam-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install texinfo
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package texinfo is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  info
E: Package texinfo has no installation candidate
sam at sam-desktop:~$

I am not sure if it worked
Thanks