CLFS 1.1.0 : Problem in glibc 2.7 build & install

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:31:22 PDT 2009

2009/10/2 Zvi Vered <veredz72 at gmail.com>:
> I did all the steps till the end of part III and got a cross toolchain.
>
> When I replaced /tools with /cross-tools, all the toolchain was created in a
> single folder (cross-tools).
>
> Why it is not a good practice to use this book for building a cross
> toolchain ?

 I didn't say it wasn't a good practice.  A cross toolchain
can mean many different things.  Since the book doesn't
do what you wanted to achieve, you have adapted it.  No
problem.

 People who follow *all* of the book can build the first
part on one machine, then copy /tools to the target
machine, and either boot or chroot to build the final
system.  When copying to the destination machine, the
contents of /cross-tools are *not* needed.  Hope this
clearifies what the trunk book is intended for.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"