w3m patch : improved readability

Alexander Haley ahaley at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Nov 30 10:15:28 PST 2009

Hello,

I've been building LFS on a system for which X consumes too many
resources -- and therefore have been spending my time reading the LFS
Book in w3m . I noticed that this presentation lacks enough of an
eye-catching display for <PRE></PRE> text --- and since the build
instructions are wrapped in PRE blocks ... there have been times I
missed a build instruction simply because I visually didn't recognize
it was there...

Therefore - this patch. It preceeds and follows all PRE block text
with a <HR> line of dashes. Take it or leave it. I am finding it very
helpful to avoid missing instructions.

This is the first time ever I have emailed a patch to anyone anywhere.
It should simply "work" if you put it into the w3m-0.5.2 directory,
and type:

patch -i w3m-0.5.2-PRE_standout.patch

it alters the "file.c" source file.

hope someone finds it useful, if not, oh well,
Alexander