linux-2.6.31.6 doesn't boot (but it does now)

Alberto Hernando pajaro.go at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:46:46 PST 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 23:00:47 Ken Moffat wrote:
> At some point (I thought it was *before* 2.6.28, but maybe I'm mistaken)
> the kernel option for IDE disks changed (as part of the move to libata).
> Unfortunately, all my systems use SATA drives, so I'm not entirely sure
> which option is relevant.

Hi.

I already found it. After what you said here, I look closer and found out that
there were missing options regarding IDE and alike, so now both machines
boot. Surely, for being new options, I missed them after the make oldconfig
part.
Thanks everybody for all your hints.

Alberto

PS: BTW, I'm sticking to lilo.