Udev weirdness

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 19:46:23 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM, William Immendorf
<will.immendorf at gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason, when I use:
>
> udevadm test /sys/block/hdc
>
> (this is the CD/DVD drive that VirtualBox exports)
>
> instead of Udev 145 treating it like a CD/DVD drive, it treats it like
> a hard drive of some sort. WTC?!?!? I've never ran into this before,
> when I used other host systems, in which this madness dosen't happen
> and Udev works fine. Is this because I am using a LFS 6.3 livecd as
> the host system? This is odd. I don't know if this is livecd releated,
> but it might be.
It is a livecd issue, as the same command in the recently made LFS 6.5
system showed no problems. I'll foward this to the livecd mailing list
later.

On an related note,  I'm still waiting on an LFS 6.5 Livecd. I'll help
with that.

--
William Immendorf
The ultimate in free computing.