build problem LFS 6.5

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 08:51:24 PST 2009

On 11/28/09, stosss wrote:
> I am only using the lfs 6.3 LiveCD (this is the newest and last lfs
> LiveCD released) so I will have a working environment to build  lfs

Unless I am mistaken, everything in ch6-8 is done within chroot.
Then it is imperative to be certain that
6.2. Preparing Virtual Kernel File Systems
6.4. Entering the Chroot Environment
was done correctly before doing anything else.
All typing, scripts, etc, are meant to be whithin that chroot.
If you get out, is is possible to get back in, but it is tricky.