build problem LFS 6.5

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:36:07 PST 2009

I am using the lfs 6.3 last version LiveCD. The computer does not have
anything installed on it.
I started over. I deleted the partitions on the hard drive and created
new ones and started at the beginning of the book. I have been running
the commands manually by copy and paste at the cli. Everything
appeared to be fine until now.

lfs 6.5 chapter 6.15 GCC-4.4.1

here is the result of make -k check
../gcc-4.4.1/contrib/test_summary | grep -A7 Summ

                === g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            384
# of unexpected failures        16815
# of unexpected successes       53
# of expected failures          100
# of unresolved testcases       372
# of unsupported tests          366
--
                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            938
# of unexpected failures        39876
# of unexpected successes       30
# of expected failures          147
# of unresolved testcases       8338
# of unsupported tests          1721

I would think this is a big problem. Will someone please confirm this
is a problem. If this is a problem how do I get passed it? This is
probably where the trouble has been all along.