build problem LFS 6.5

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 05:47:10 PST 2009

I have gone through the lfs 6.5 book 7 times. I have copied all of the
commands in the book into scripts so I would not make any typo
mistakes. I have been able to boot into the new system 4 times. The
problem is that 90% of the stuff that appeared to be getting compiled
and installed is no where to be found. I have checked everything I was
doing many times over. Everything appeared to be right. Test results
showed correctly. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
I have wasted over 70 hours. Unpacking tar balls running make, make
install, make check, make test and have nothing. Where did all those
installs go? I ran export LFS=/mnt/lfs I checked running echo $LFS I
made sure I ran the chroot logins correctly. I am completely baffled.