boot problem LFS 6.5

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 03:30:54 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 04:23 -0500, stosss wrote:
>> IDE this is 5 or 6 year old hardware that still runs fine. I do have
>> newer hardware in another box with SATA drives that will get LFS at
>> some point.
>
> Not sure I'd have the patience to run an LFS build on something that
> old. I mean, I've been using LFS on my desktop machines since that
> machine was an old Pentium II, but I think knowing that there's better
> hardware available makes it more frustrating to wait for build times.

The entire build from start to finish and that includes booting into
the new system was about 4 or 5 hours. I did not keep time by exact
measure. Just noted about when I started and about when I finished.
One of the big reasons it did not take longer is because I created a
lot of shell scripts and ran them one after the other. Making sure my
shell scripts were right took a lot longer.